Want a festive winter cocktail that will wow your family and friends? Then my Spiced Cranberry Moonshine cocktail needs to be on your to-do list!
The spices meld nicely with the tart cranberries and it all comes together in perfect harmony. And the best part…it fills approximately 16 – Half Pint Mason Jars (8oz). So plenty to share! Read on for the recipe!
- 750 ml Clear Moon Moonshine
- 2 Jars of R. W. Knudsen Just Cranberry Juice (or 64 oz of pure cranberry juice — no sugar added!)
- 3 cups of Apple Cider
- 1 lb. of Fresh Cranberries, rinsed
- 2 cups of sugar
- 6 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Whole Nutmegs (quartered…don’t make it perfect…I used a mallet)
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice Berries
- Place all the ingredients EXCEPT the Moonshine in a large pot to boil. Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn to a simmer and simmer until all of the cranberries have popped open. Stir frequently so nothing burns on the bottom of the pot.
- Once all of the cranberries have popped open, strain (use a cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer) the liquid out into a large pitcher and discard the cranberries (or use in a dessert!) and spices.
- Place pitcher in the refrigerator to cool down. Once cooled, add in the moonshine and stir to combine.
- Pour into your Half Pint Mason Jars (make sure you sanitize them first!!) and store in the fridge for a few days to let all the flavors meld together (the longer the better!!). Wrap with ribbon and your gifts are ready!! Or enjoy for yourself!!
A NOTE FROM TAYLOR…
I’ve had a few of you say that it has occasionally thickened up on you and starts to resemble a jelly. I’m wondering if it’s the type of cranberry juice you are using? I use real cranberry juice that has no sugar in it – it’s legit straight cranberry juice and it’s unsweetened. It might also be that once it comes to a boil, it has to be immediately be turned down to a simmer. Also, after all of the cranberries have popped, make sure you strain out all of the cranberries & spices through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. I use a pitcher to hold the liquid and then put it the fridge to cool down before adding in the moonshine. I’ve never had it turn into a jelly and have made it several times. So I’m wondering if it’s a step in the process or the ingredients being used. Email me if you have issues! firstname.lastname@example.org